Friday, July 29, 2005

Back in the 21st Century Baby!

Finally, after almost 3 goddamned weeks I have Internet access at home. In this day and age, for a technology company to take more than one week, let alone three weeks to turn on DSL service is beyond my comprehension. Anyway, I'm connected at the new house and I feel like a kid with a new toy. Moving is a pretty damned stressful thing in and of itself. I mean for Christ's sake, I've got this blog to keep up with and a Fantasy Baseball team to manage, both of which involve the interet. I felt almost like I was in an uncharted land. Enough of that for now.

John Marco
, a writer who's books I've really enjoyed, just re-launched his Web site at http://www.johnmarco.com. He was maintaining a Web site a few years ago, then stopped. Anyway, he's got a new book coming out in September, The Sword of Angels, which concludes the story he began in The Eyes of God. I'll be reviewing The Sword of Angels and conducting an e-mail interview with John shortly thereafter.

Via the Johnny Bacardi Show, I came across this great overview by Paul Dini, genius architect of the animatd DC Universe, illustrating many reasons why I never wanted to and will not see Tim Burton's abyssmal looking Wonka film. I loved the original (and the original of Planet of the Apes, another butcher re-make by Burton) and really saw no reason to remake the film(s).

Now that things are settling down more in the new home*, I feel comfortable with resuming my novel writing.



*still need to do some work on the kitchen and unbox all of our books

No comments: