Friday, July 01, 2005

Frustration

I finished up Peter David's second Apropos book, The Woad to Wuin a couple of days ago. There were a few instances where the narrative was a bit repetitive, and the characters rehashed scenes, though on the whole, I really enjoyed the novel and David took the story in an unexpected direction. There were some laugh out loud moments and I generally had fun reading the book, much like I did with the first, Sir Apropos of Nothing. I will be picking up the third, Tong Lashing.

Today I'll be starting Echoes of the Great Song by David Gemmell, which will be my second encounter with his writing. I read the first two Rigante books a couple of years ago and really enjoyed them, so hopefully this will be as enjoyable.

Picked up my stash of comics, or rather Mrs. Blog o' Stuff picked up my stash at my local shop yesterday. The comic shop near work was running a 25% off sale on all their Batbooks so I picked up the new printing of Batman: Tales of the Demon with the spiffy new Neal Adams cover at the shop near work. As for the monthly Batman, I think I'm in the minorty of people who are actually enjoying Judd Winick's take on Batman. I also think Doug Mahnke's art is well-suited to Batman.

In a better world, I wouldn't have posted this today, I would have been signing a lot of paperwork for the closing on my new house. But in a move akin to waking up Christmas Morning, excited to see what Santa brought under the brightly lit Christmas tree, we are told, basically, "Sorry Christmas won't happen today, maybe middle to end of next week you can have your Christmas morning."

No comments: