Monday, January 30, 2006

Interview and Beer

I posted my interview with Charlie Huston, which I thought turned out pretty well. I hope people who read it feel the same way. In addition to the excellent vampire novel he wrote, he is writing a Moon Knight series for Marvel comics. MK is a character I never gave a wit about, but because of how much I enjoyed Already Dead and what Charlie said in his interview, I'll be picking up, at the very least, the first issue.

On a completely unrelated note, I love beer. I enjoy going to brewpubs whenever I can, and sampling the various brewpubs across the country is about the only thing I miss from one of my former jobs. Mrs. Blog o' Stuff and I went to two brewpubs in Hawaii on our honeymoon, and when I traveled more extensively for business, I ate and drank at brewpubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Columbus, OH; Atlanta, GA; Savannah, GA: Reno, NV; New Castle, DE; and few when I was in Indianapolis, IN. In my travels, I have found brewpubs, more often than not, offer a great sampling of local cuisine, in addition to good to great beer.

All that said, there are a quite few good brewpubs here in New Jersey, too. My wife and I had our rehearsal dinner at Harvest Moon in New Brunswick. I like that one quite a bit, even though they change up their menu too often. Some other great ones in New Jersey are the Long Valley Pub and Brewery, JJ Bitting Brewing Company, Triumph Brewing Company, and the Pizzeria Uno Chicago Grill and Brewery. Great ones just outside of NJ are the Porterhouse Brewery I mentioned a couple of weeks ago and the Independence Brew Pub in Philly and couple up in New England like the Union Station Brewery in RI and Redbones BBQ Beer bar in Somerville, MA. know I'm only touching the tip of the iceberg here, but suffice it to say, I have a pretty easy time of finding great beer near where I live.

I could go on much longer about all the great microbrews, but that would easily surpass the length of today's post. Some other day when the beer whimsy strikes again, I'll do a little write up about those beers.

No comments: