Monday, December 29, 2008

SFFWorld Year in Review (Part 1) and Christmas in Review

Mark/Hobbit posted the first half of SFFWorld’s year in review yesterday. This is the third or fourth year we’ve done one of these wrap-ups and as we did last year, we invited some of the bloggers who frequent our forums: Aidan of A Dribble of Ink, Graeme (of Graeme’s Fantasy Book Review), Ken (Nethspace), and Pat from the Hotlist. The first part consists of Fantasy while the second part, when posted, will cover Science Fiction and the various media. This annual review at SFFWorld limits itself to (primarily) books and movies released in 2008 or whatever current year is in review. I'll be posting a more broad and personal year in review here at the blog next week after 2008 actually ends.

Santa treated me very well, and particularly well from a geekish perspective. I got more comic book boxes, which I desperately needed; what is now one of the coolest books I own: The New Annotated Dracula edited by Leslie Klinger with an introduction by Neil Gaiman; a Greatest American Hero t-shirt; both volumes of the US edition of George R.R. Martin’s Dreamsongs; a Miskatonic University sweatshirt; and the most fun gift: Lego Batman for my PS2.

Later Edit: Santa brought two awesome games, well one for Mrs. O Stuff and myself: Marvel Scene-It and one for me. This second game is quite legendary, I played it a lot when I was younger; it was a great combination of Dungeons & Dragons RPG style game and table top board game like Risk. The game, of course is Talisman.

Only 5 people voted in my poll about last week's Books in the Mail post; I suppose whoever voted that I wouldn’t be reading Stover’s new book doesn’t know me very well. I didn’t vote for obvious reasons, but some people were spot on in what I would be least likely to read.

No comments: